A Fortune 500 life science organization desired to standardize/streamline asset, work order, and procurement management for a newly acquired facility location and to use one CMMS system. The data migration was required because Maximo was to no longer be serviced or supported by the new company.
The Maximo system was migrated to the clients HxGN EAM CMMS system using the following process:
- Source Data Extraction – Mapping of the Eisai Maximo source data tables and the target data tables into a Conversion Database with a soft freeze will be imposed in Maximo to limit changes to business critical changes
- Source Data Reformatting – Exported source data will be reformatted within the Conversion Database to conform to Client CMMS Production standards and referential constraints. The reconciled data will then be exported into Excel upload sheets from the Conversion Database for upload or manual entry into the Client CMMS system
- Validation Testing
- A portion of the related reformatted data will be extracted from the Conversion database into the Excel upload sheets
- The parted data will be uploaded into the clients CMMS
- CSV Package will be executed in validation to qualify the data and process
- Data Refresh with Hard Freeze on the System
- Production Deployment
- Approved technical reports will be exported from myCIMS and uploaded into the client CMMS
Lean Biologix was also responsible for management of all change control and documentation activities and aligned System Requirements with Annex 11 and 21 CFR Part 11 GMP software standards.
Summary of Engagement
Lean Biologix managed the client CMMS new facility implementation and delivered the final validated system along with final reports and full set of system lifecycle documentation within budget, on schedule. The project’s results demonstrated the value of the Lean Biologix approach and expertise with GAMP5 strategies and IT program management.